Irene Anderson, LMFT, Founder
Working with couples and individuals, Irene’s therapeutic style is experiential, interactive, and client-centered. She is sensitive to each client’s unique background and context. Through a careful and nuanced exploration that takes place in the therapy process, Irene intends to equip her clients with a sense of compassion and awareness of self and the ability to build more meaningful connections with others.
Irene has recently completed her core skills training in EFT couples therapy (Emotionally Focused Therapy), demonstrating her commitment to her practice as a couple’s therapist. It is Irene’s intention to promote a secure and validating bond within the couple’s relationship thus deepening the couple’s connection to each other.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- BA in Elementary Education: the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- MS in Marriage and Family Therapy: Northwestern University
- Certificate in Cast of Characters work
- Core Skills in EFT couples therapy
- Licensed Marital and Family Therapist in the State of Illinois
Individual and couples therapy, adult ADD/ADHD, anxiety, depression, Buddhist psychotherapy, acculturation issues, transitions, grief.
FEES & INSURANCE:
$165 per hour, BCBS PPO Preferred Provider, HUMANA